QuickBooks has transformed the way of accounting. It is very helpful for all the activities like bookkeeping and accounting. Apart from all its merits, users can encounter some bugs and errors and this QuickBooks Error Code -6000, 301 is one of the errors which is encountered by many users if you want to resolve this error then come in touch with us.
Table of contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error Code 301?
- 2 The Reasons Why QuickBooks Error Code -6000, 301 Occurs
- 3 How to Solve Error 301?
- 4 Method 1: Try Not to Use Encryption Software
- 5 Method 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- 6 Method 3: Reboot the Workstation
- 7 Method 4: Update QuickBooks Software
- 8 Method 5: Rename the QuickBooks .ND, .TLG & .DSN Files
- 9 Method 6: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop
- 10 Method 7: Try to Copy the Files of the Company to Desktop
- 11 Method 8: Remove all the Temporary Internet Files
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is QuickBooks Error Code 301?
QuickBooks error 301 occurs when the user tries to open a QB company file with a .qbw file. This may also encounter by a user while trying to restore the QB files in the media device (Flash Drive).
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code -6000, 301
- Error code OL-301 displayed on the screen.
- A crash of the system will happen.
- PC performance will become slow.
- QB software starts freezing.
The Reasons Why QuickBooks Error Code -6000, 301 Occurs
Error code OL-301 can be displayed because of the following mentioned reasons:
- Due to the following corrupted files:
- Transaction log file (.tlg)
- The data source name file
- Network descriptor file (.ND)
- When you attempt to access the company QB file which is present or stored in the HDD of a server.
- Whenever the file .qbw corrupted.
- When you want to install Encrypted software.
- When the file of the Database gets damaged.
- When the QB software is not updated.
- Due to some server problems.
- Due to some damaged windows registry files.
- Due to malware or virus attack.
- Any Antivirus creating this issue.
How to Solve Error 301?
After exploring all the facts about QB Error 301, now it is time to resolve this error. Best solutions are mentioned below; just choose after analyzing the main cause:
- Try not to use encryption software
- Use QuickBooks file doctor Tool
- Reboot the workstation
- Update QuickBooks software
- Rename the QuickBooks .ND, .TLG & .DSN files
- Repair the QuickBooks desktop
- Remove all the Temporary Internet Files
- Try to copy the files of the company to Desktop
Before you choose any of the above-mentioned solutions, consider the following tips:
- Backup the file of the company:
One should make sure that a backup file should be created, to do so steps are here below:
- Firstly, open QB Desktop.
- Now navigate to the following path:
- File🡪Backup Company🡪Create Local Backup
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen.
- Check the location of the file of the company:
Firstly, you need to open the location where the file of the company is located. So press the keys “Ctrl+Shift” together and don’t release the respective keys until the window “No Company Open” appears on the screen. Also, from the list of the company files, you can discover the location of the files.
Method 1: Try Not to Use Encryption Software
In case you encrypt a company file using 3rd party Encryption software then you may get Error Code 301. So to resolve this issue uninstall this encrypt software and try to get in touch with Encrypt software merchant to buy and have proper guidance.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
It is very easy to resolve this QuickBooks Error-6000, 301 easily then use QB File Doctor tool, steps are mentioned below to fix the issue using this tool:
- Firstly download the tool.
- Now find the downloaded .exe file.
- Click on it.
- Install it by choosing the best methods.
- Find its icon on the taskbar after installing it.
- Now have the company file using the drop-down list.
- Tap on the tab browse.
- Click on the button to continue.
- Click on the first option i.e. Check both the damage and network connectivity.
- Add the admin password.
- Click the button next.
- Choose the host/server or workstation.
- Select yes if a user is accessing the file doctor on the system hosting the company files, otherwise NO.
- At last, stop diagnosing.
Method 3: Reboot the Workstation
It is one of the easiest ways to terminate this QuickBooks error code 6000, 301, you just need to start the system again and try to use the QB software again.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks Software
You should update the QB Software regularly if you want to prevent this QB Error 301 to occur, there are two ways mentioned below with steps to update the QB:
- Firstly open the file menu.
- Click on close company/logoff.
- Now tap on the File tab.
- Now choose option exit.
- Right-click on the icon QuickBooks desktop.
- Tap on the option run as admin and determine that you should not be in no company open screen.
- Further supposed to choose update QuickBooks using the help menu.
- Tap on icon options.
- Choose the tab mark all.
- Hit the save button.
- Move the icon to icon update now.
- Click on it.
- Further, suppose to click on the icon reset update and then click on the tab get updates.
- Now close QB Desktop software, whenever the update process is completed.
- After that open QB Desktop.
- Click on the tab Yes.
- Restart the workstation.
- Firstly, you need to open the QB Help menu.
- Now tap on the icon update QuickBooks.
- Now open the Update QuickBooks Window and choose option update now.
- Also checkmark the box.
- You just have to end all the previous update download processes by resetting the update. (This additional process may take some more time)
- Moreover, hit a click on get updates and the current release will download.
- Now reboot the system and accept the option to install the new release, when rebooting QuickBooks.
Method 5: Rename the QuickBooks .ND, .TLG & .DSN Files
To use this method, you simply have to rename the file .ND, .TLG & .DSN. For performing it, consider the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, open the folder containing the file of the company.
- If you find the files having the extension “.ND”, just add the word “.OLD” to each of them.
- Now close the QB Desktop if already running and after renaming the files, try to open the QB Desktop software again.
Method 6: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop
Firstly, you need to delete the un-used files of the QuickBooks to prevent this QuickBooks Error Code -6000, 301 and to repair the QB software steps are here below:
- Shift the window to the tab Start.
- Now open the control panel.
- Choose tab programs.
- Now click on the tab programs and features.
- Choose the QuickBooks software.
- After that tap on the option uninstall.
- When the QB Installation window showed on the screen, tap on the tab next.
- Now click on the tab Radio.
- Choose the icon repair.
- Now consider the tab next.
- Choose the tab repair.
- At last, hit the tab finish.
Method 7: Try to Copy the Files of the Company to Desktop
- Firstly, you need to have the desktop on your screen.
- Now create a new folder.
- Visit the folder where the file of the company is located.
- Now copy the company’s file.
- Open the newly created folder.
- Paste all the copied files to this folder.
- Make sure that the No Company Open Window is opened by pressing and holding the Ctrl key.
- Choose the option Open or Restore an Existing Company.
- Select the option Open a company file.
- Hit the button Next.
- Open the desktop file that you copied in the new folder.
- Now open it.
- If it is not opened then you need to go with the further steps.
Method 8: Remove all the Temporary Internet Files
To resolve this QuickBooks Error Code -6000, 301 then delete all the temporary Internet Files by considering the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you have to open the option “Tools”.
- Click on the icon “Online Center”.
- Now choose the option Financial Institution.
- Press the keys “CTRL+Shift” together.
- Click on the icon “Contact Info”.
- Now choose the account which is affiliated with the bank.
- Click on the icon Financial Institution Branding & Profile.
- Hit the button “Refresh”.
- Press the icon “OK”.
- Have the internet and consider the tab “Update/Send”.
- At last, start the online session again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1:- How do I fix error OL 301 in QuickBooks?
- Answer: If you want to resolve this error OL 301 then you need to follow the steps of the following mentioned methods:
- Shut down usage of encryption software
- Use QuickBooks file doctor Tool
- Change the name of QuickBooks files i.e. .ND, .TLG & .DSN
- Fix the software QuickBooks desktop
- Restart the system
- Update QuickBooks Desktop software
- Delete or Remove all the Temporary Internet Files
- Copy the QB company files to the Desktop
Question 2:- How do I fix error 6000 301 in QuickBooks?
Answer: It is very easy to fix this QuickBooks Error Code -6000, 301, just shut down the use of encrypting software. One can also use the QB File Doctor tool to eliminate this issue. One should try to rename the files .ND, .TLG & .DSN, trying to start the system again is the easiest method. Also users can try to remove the temporary internet files. At last, if you want to prevent this error 6000, 301 to occur then update the QuickBooks software regularly.
Question 3:- What is the purpose of QuickBooks error codes?
Answer: The QuickBooks Error Codes are the alphanumeric or mainly numeric codes that are used to ascertain the nature of the problem or error that has accured. One can also check its causes, match the symptoms and solutions using these QB Error Codes.