2 Min. Read
Solved: QuickBooks Error 6144, -82 | QuickBooks Error 6144, -82 Retrieval Step By Step
Table of contents
- 1 Introduction To QuickBooks Error 6144, -82
- 2 Details About Quickbooks Error 6144 Status Code 82
Introduction To QuickBooks Error 6144, -82
What is QuickBooks Error 6144, -82?
QuickBooks Error 6144, -82 occurs when the user tries to open the company’s file that is in use by another application. It may be caused due to irregularities in the Windows registry (< class=“howstyle”/p>). The incorrectly configured system may cause this problem.
How do you fix QuickBooks Error 6144, -82?
- Rename “.ND” and “.TLG’ files.
- Try to repair the Windows registry.
- Re-launch or install the Window’s “Error Repair Tool”.
- Repair your Windows registry.
Details About Quickbooks Error 6144 Status Code 82
The accounting software Quickbooks is one of the best accounting software available in the market it provides various kinds of features to the user through which they can see the performance of their business and if the business is not doing good, they can take the right steps in order to make the business more profitable. For the user, it is important to know how their business is performing and the Quickbooks software is one of the best software to know about the performance as the user can create the different reports and check the performance of the business. The reports like balance sheet, profit, and loss statement, and cash flow statement can be created on the Quickbooks software. User can also manage their taxes with the help of the Quickbooks in order to this user needs to give the access of the Quickbooks to the person who creates the tax reports of the user and they can print the report which is required by the user. For the user to maintain the expenses they need to connect their bank and the credit card with the Quickbooks software. With the help of Quickbooks, software user can print their financial records and send it to those who require them.
The Quickbooks features help the user to ease out their problem by providing features in one software but when the user faces the error their experience can take a hit. As there is a long list of Quickbooks errors and one of the errors can appear in front of the user. So, it will be better for the user that they keep themselves ready to face the error so that they can have the urgent solution on their hand whenever the error appears in front of them. Before the user moves into solving the error it is very important for the user that they recognize the error at first because if the user is not able to recognize the error, then it will become difficult for them to solve the error. Some of the errors are bigger in nature and user cannot solve those error on their own, so if the user feels like they cannot solve the error on their own then they need to contact the support desk of the Quickbooks error as they will provide the required assistance to the user in order to solve the error which the user is facing.
For the user, it is important that they get rid of the error which is coming in their way. So, to help the user we are going to list out the steps how the user can solve one of the Quickbooks errors that can appear in front of them, the name and the code of this error is Error 6144 status code 82. This error appears in front of the user due to the network issue, this error can also appear when the company file is being used by multiple users at the same time.
The reason behind the Error 6144 Status code 82
- When the installation process of the Quickbooks software does not do properly user can face the issue.
- If the program files which are related to the Quickbooks get corrupted because of the virus or malware then the issue can appear in front of the user.
- If the user deleted some of the vital company files, then the chance of getting Quickbooks error 6144 status code 82 increases.
- If there is an issue with the server then, in that case, the user can face the error 6144 status code 82.
Symptoms of Error 6144 status code 82
- If the user’s active windows keep on crashing this means that the user is facing the Error 6144 status code 82.
- The user’s system will keep on crashing when the user tries to open the same program.
- Whenever the user puts any kind of input there will be a delay in the response from the windows.
- One of the main symptoms users can see is their pc and the Quickbooks software will start freezing up for few seconds when the user faces the error.
- On the screen of the user, there will be an error message.
Steps to solve the Error 6144 status code 82
User Permission Set-
- In the beginning, the user needs to open the Quickbooks software, and then they need to choose the company tab.
- Now in this step user needs to select the user and then choose the set-up users and roles.
- in order to access the information users are required to enter a password.
- Now from the user list user needs to select the name.
- In the last step, the user needs to change the role as they want to.
Name change of Files-
- Firstly, the user needs to select the company file location, and then they need to give a new name to the TLG files and. ND files.
- Press the right button and select the rename option on the company file.
- Now user needs to open the Quickbooks database server manager.
- In order to access the Quickbooks database server manager user needs to choose the start.
- Now user needs to click on the Programs-àQuickbooks>Quickbooks Data Server manager.
- Now user needs to select the folder where the user has saved the Quickbooks company file.
- In this step, the user needs to scan the folder.
- Now user can access the company file.
Download Windows Repair tool-
- In the first step, the user needs to download the Windows application tool.
- Now user needs to install and after that, they need to launch the application.
- In order to detect the errors, the user needs to select the option of the scan.
- To solve the issues user needs to select the Repair all option.
Verify Windows Registry-
- Select the start button in the first step.
- Now in the search bar, the user needs to type the word Command in the search box and after that, they need to press the enter key.
- The user needs to press the CTRL+ Shift and a dialogue box will open.
- Now select the Yes button.
- Now user needs to type the Regedit and then hit the enter button.
- Now in the registry editor select the Quickbooks Error 6144 82.
- Select the export in the file menu.
- Now user needs to select the folder where the user wants to save the Quickbooks backup key.
- The user needs to give a name to the Quickbooks backup.
- Now user needs to make sure that the branch they have selected has also been selected in the Export range box.
- Select the save option.
- Save the file with the .reg file extension.
- The backup related to the Quickbooks has been created.