Table of contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error H505?
- 2 Why QuickBooks Error H505 occurs?
- 3 How to know there is QuickBooks Error H505 present?
- 4 How to solve QuickBooks Error H505?
- 4.1 Method 1 to resolve QuickBooks Error H505: Create a new folder for a new company file
- 4.2 Method 2 to resolve QuickBooks Error H505: Check Network
- 4.3 Solution 3 to resolve QuickBooks Error H505: Look at the hosting and services of QB
- 4.4 Solution 4 to resolve QuickBooks Error H505: Edit/make changes in the Host File.
What is QuickBooks Error H505?
QuickBooks Error H505 issue may occur when the user wants to get the data or company files on any other computer. That computer does not have a proper establishment or setup and also requires some more setup installation. It looks like this:
Errors of H-series are associated with the problems in Hosting settings. You will see this error while opting for the “multi-user” mode. It may occur while there is a problem in the network issues or the host is not configured correctly.
Why QuickBooks Error H505 occurs?
QuickBooks Error H505 usually occurs due to problems/issues in the settings/configuration. This may also occur when while switching is done between the multi-user mode and single-user mode. Some of the reasons are here:
- The file “.ND” is somehow not correct or damaged.
- Some of the files like “QBCFMonitor” and “QuickBooksDBXX” are not functioning properly.
- The system is not able to locate the IP address.
- There are no proper hosting settings.
- The server’s host more is switched off.
- Wrong Firewall settings.
- DNS configuration may be the issue.
How to know there is QuickBooks Error H505 present?
Some of the symptoms are listed below:
- You will be not able to perform in the “multi-user” mode.
- The software may crash.
- There will be a non-responding screen window.
- The software may attain some glitches,
- When you will not able to access a file on the webserver.
- The opened window will become freeze, which may be minimizing only.
How to solve QuickBooks Error H505?
To cure this H202 Error, you have to follow all the steps of your convenient methods mentioned below:
Method 1 to resolve QuickBooks Error H505: Create a new folder for a new company file
- Create a new folder on the system. Now have the permission to exchange the files.
- Now copy the original company file.
- In the newly created folder, paste the file in “Multi-User” mode.
- Now open that file in the QB and check for the error.
Method 2 to resolve QuickBooks Error H505: Check Network
- Consider the Firewall settings; hit the “Windows” option.
- Visit the “Instrumental” panel.
- There, type “Firewall” in the search bar and hit “Enter”.
- Press “Enter”. Then the “Advanced Settings” option.
- Opt “Outbound Rules” and go for “New Rule”.
- Select “Ports” and click “Next”.
- Consider the following ports by clicking TPC:
- Hit “Next” and tap on the “Allow the Connection” option.
- Now in the field, add your name.
- The process is finished; now try to open the QuickBooks.
Turn-on Network Discovery:
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Select “System and Security”.
- Opt for the “Windows Firewall”.
- Look at the left of the window and permit the “Associate” feature.
- Now opt for “Modification”.
- Select “Network Discovery”.
- Hit “OK”.
Know the name of your server
- Open “Run” by pressing “Windows Key + R”.
- Type “CMD” and hit “Enter”.
- Enter “config/all”.
- Press “Enter” again.
- Look at the “Host Name” in the section “IP Configuration”.
- Review the name of the server on the right.
- Now save the changes.
Solution 3 to resolve QuickBooks Error H505: Look at the hosting and services of QB
- On every system, open QB.
- Now open “Utilities” by selecting the files.
- If the Host accesses the “Multi-User” on the list, then the system is not accessing/hosting the file of the company.
- Don’t change anything when you see that in the workstation, the host accesses the “Multi-User”.
- Whenever the ‘‘Stop Hosting the Multi-user Access’’ option is appeared on the screen then select that option.
- Repeat all the 1-3 steps on every computer.
Verify QuickBooks Services
- Firstly Press “Windows key + R”, “Run” window will be pop-ups.
- On the “Run” window, type “MSC” and hit “Enter”.
- Now search for “Services.msc” in the search bar.
- Now scroll up and down in search for the “QuickBooksDBXX” in the service window.
- Now “Double Tap” on the QB “DBXX service”. Ensure that the startup kind to be automatic and go for repair if “Standing” is started or already running.
- After completion of the above-mentioned steps click on the “Recovery” tab. (If you see a failure while doing these steps, then restart the “DBXX” services.
- Now go for “QBCFMonitor” services. (Follow previous 1-6 steps).
- Now open QB in the “Multi-User” mode and check whether the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4 to resolve QuickBooks Error H505: Edit/make changes in the Host File.
- At first, open the “Run” window.
- Now open the “Command Prompt” by typing “cmd” in the “Run” window.
- Now type carefully “ipconfig/all” and hit “Enter”.
- Enter the “IP Address” and the “Host” name. (Repeat 1-4 steps for all systems, if you are using “multi-user” mode.
Now go for editing, steps are mentioned here:
- To start this process, it is recommended to close the QB software.
- Now admire this address:
- Click/tap on the “Host” file. (If not able to locate it, view hidden files).
- Open it by using “Notepad”.
- Add “System Name” and “IP Address”. (Use “Tab” instead of “Space Bar” while filling in the details).
- At last, save all the changes.