2 Min. Read
Solved: QuickBooks Password Recovery | How To Recover QuickBooks Password
QuickBooks is famous accounting software that changed the method of accounting and bookkeeping. Every small-scale businessman and large-scale businessman can use this software to prepare the reports and track payments. As it contains the financial data of the company you should have a secure account. This software also enables the company to create multi-users for a convenient process. It is always recommended to make a different login password for every user. Also, each user should access QuickBooks as an administrator and set a strong password. If you lost or forgot your password then stick to this QuickBooks Password Recovery article. Have a look at some vital tips mentioned below.
Table of contents
- 1 Quickbooks Password Recovery-Some Tips regarding QuickBooks Password
- 2 QuickBooks Password Recovery -Major Steps to Reset the QuickBooks Password
- 3 Reset the QuickBooks Password
Quickbooks Password Recovery-Some Tips regarding QuickBooks Password
- The password should be complex and have 7 characters.
- It should contain at least:
- 1 number
- 1 special character
- 1 uppercase letter
- While entering the password user should check whether the caps lock is on or off.
- You should set a password that does not contain any space. If your password contains any space then consider it while entering the password.
- Ensure that the keyboard is in proper condition.
- The passcode may be empty, some companies adopted this practice but it is not recommended by Intuit.
- If the Admin password is not set then press “OK” when you open the login screen.
QuickBooks Password Recovery -Major Steps to Reset the QuickBooks Password
- When a user is logged in to the QB. This will create him an Admin user. You may use other logs that are added by the Administrator for reference.
- The surprising assets and updates can help you to reset the password.
- Visit the file of the company by choosing the password.
- Now set up the Users and Passwords.
- Log in using the current password.
- Add the password in the box naming New Password.
- Hit OK.
- If you are not able to login or in case you lost the password then consider the mentioned below steps.
Reset the QuickBooks Password
QuickBooks Admin Password
- To initiate the process you don’t have to add the user name.
- Whenever you are required to sign in entering the password.
- If you don’t set a user name prior then consider “Admin” as the User Name.
QuickBooks User Password
- When you are not having rights as an Admin user. Then Admin can reset the password. Just contact the admin and ask him/her to change your password.
Have some Challenging Question for resetting the Password
- To start this process go for “I forgot my password”.
- Give a reply to the Security Question.
- Hit OK.
- Whenever the message window popups after these steps are performed, close it.
- Open the window.
- Choose appropriate options to change the QB password.
- Add a new password.
- Choose a new challenge question.
- Hit OK.
- At last, you will see that a file is opened on the screen.
Reset the Admin Password
- Initially make sure that you have the current or latest version of the QB.
- Then set a strong password for the QB file.
- Go for the Intuit Support page.
- Choose QB Automated Password Reset Tool.
- Select the latest version.
- Consider the instructions that are appearing on the new screen.
- Now fill an online form.
- You just need to follow the required information to eliminate the issue.
- Open QB.
- Choose the “I forgot my password” option.
- When the QB login window appears then answer the security question.
- Hit OK after entering the answer.
- Whenever the message appears regarding the removal of a password, close it.
- Add a “New Password” in the field.
- Confirm it.
- Reply to the challenge questions carefully.
- Now choose a new password by filling the form.
- Press OK.
- After the reset of the password, go for a login process again.
When the reset password is not working
- Initially, check the entered information.
- You just have to confirm and check the information carefully.
- If you are unable to perform the above-mentioned steps then use Tool: QB Automated Password Reset.
- Choose Search for Something Else.
- Type the password.
- Go for Search.
- If you are not able to cure the problem then contact us.
Reset User Password
- Firstly login.
- Choose the option Company.
- Select the setup Users and Password.
- Setup Users.
- Enter the password again.
- Select the user or edit the user.
- Hit Finish.
If you are facing this problem then don’t worry. You can terminate issues related to QuickBooks passwords easily. It is a very convenient and easy process. You just need to follow the mentioned steps accordingly and carefully. If you face any problem and want any technical help then don’t hesitate to call us. We are always available 24*7.