2 Min. Read
Solved: QuickBooks Error 15222 | Recovery of QuickBooks Error 15222 Step By Step
Table of contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
- 2 Potential reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 15222
- 3 Major Indications of QuickBooks Error 15222
- 4 How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 15222?
- 4.1 Method 1 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Install the Digital Signature Certificate
- 4.2 Method 2 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Update Anti-Malware and Spyware Software
- 4.3 Method 3 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Configure Internet Explorer
- 4.4 Method 4 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Turn off all the Network protection apps and Firewall
- 4.5 Method 5 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Resolve the QB Desktop
- 4.6 Method 6 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Use QB Tools Hub
- 4.7 Method 7 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Review the Cipher Strength
- 4.8 Share this:
- 4.9 Like this:
- 4.10 Related
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
QB is a renowned software making the working process of lots of businessmen and entrepreneurs easy and convenient. You may also face some errors disturbing the working style of a user. QuickBooks Error 15222 is mainly related to the QB Payroll Update. You may experience it while downloading the QB update or installing the payroll update. It may happen whenever the QB is failed to verify or consider the digital signature to the QB. It may happen due to improper settings of the MS Internet Explorer (IE).
Potential reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 15222
- Sometimes the update file is considered as a threat by the Anti-Adware, Anti-Spyware, and Anti-Malware.
- Internet Explorer is not able to verify or register digital signatures.
- When the Internet Explorer is not considered as a default browser.
- It may be caused because of Internet disturbance or improper connectivity.
- You are using an outdated QB version.
- You are not using or logged in to the system as an admin.
- Incorrect or the date and time of the system are not set properly.
Major Indications of QuickBooks Error 15222
- You are not able to download the update of the Payroll.
- Also, the user is not capable of downloading the update of accounting software QB.
- The windows will freeze.
- The performance of the QB decreases.
- The error message will be seen by the user.
How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 15222?
We recommend the user that if he/she is curing this error, always create a backup file of the respected company file. You just have to follow the methods mentioned here:
- Install the Digital Signature Certificate
- Update Anti-Malware and Spyware Software
- Configure Internet Explorer
- Turn off all the Network protection apps and Firewall
- Resolve the QB Desktop
- Use QB Tools Hub
- Review the Cipher Strength
Method 1 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Install the Digital Signature Certificate
To initiate this process, one should shut down QB services.
- Follow the path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Go for file; QBW32.exe.
- Click on that file.
- Tap on Properties.
- Now verify the Digital Signature and make sure that Intuit, Inc. has appeared on the list.
- Go for details now.
- You will see a window of Digital Signatures.
- The view that Certificate i.e. clicks on that.
- Go for its installation.
- Hit next whenever the finished message is displayed.
- Tap Finish.
- Finally, restart the workstation.
- Open QB.
- At last, go for an update i.e. download it.
Method 2 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Update Anti-Malware and Spyware Software
Whenever Antimalware and Antispyware software in the workstation. Then update the following domain:
Method 3 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Configure Internet Explorer
Initially make the Internet Explorer the default browser, just follow the steps mentioned below:
- You should review or set the workstation date and time.
- Also, review the strength of the cipher.
- Open it.
- Click on the Internet Option.
- Hit on the Delete icon by visiting the general tab.
- Now delete all the temporary files on the workstation or internet.
- Configure the LAN settings using the Connection tab.
- You must also check the TLS 1.2 in the advanced tab.
Method 4 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Turn off all the Network protection apps and Firewall
- Click on the Start icon.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Go for the option: Windows Security.
- Then open Windows Security.
- Go for the Firewall & Network Protection option.
- Mark the Domain, Public Network, and Private Network consequently.
- Turn off the Defender firewall.
You can check the connectivity with the help of bypassing the network connection:
- Initially disconnect the Ethernet cable by removing it from the router.
- Now plug the cable into the workstation directly.
- Restart the system.
- You should recognize the system and router especially.
Method 5 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Resolve the QB Desktop
- Firstly you should check or review whether the subscription is active or not.
- You should also check the services of QB software.
The steps are:
- Firstly download the QB software.
- Close QB and the files of the company.
- Tap the Start button.
- Go for QB software by searching it.
- Right-click on the QB icon.
- Tap on the option Administrator.
- Find No Company Open window.
- Choose the Help option.
- Go for the QB update option.
- Mark check on all the tabs in the option button.
- Hit on the save option.
- Hit on the Update Now button.
- Choose the Reset Update checkbox.
- Choose the Get Updates option.
- Make sure that you should add precise payroll services. To do so go for the steps mentioned here:
- Choose the option Employees.
- Select My Payroll services.
- Click on the Manage Service key.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Check the Service key.
- Choose the Next option.
- Go for the Finish button.
- Click on the Next option and then hit on the Finish button
- Sometimes the user forgets the key i.e. Service Key, in that case, one should retrieve the key and install QB software again.
Method 6 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Use QB Tools Hub
QB Tools Hub is always recommended to cure basic errors of the QB.
Here are the steps:
- Initially download QB Tools Hub.
- Install it.
- Close QB.
- Discover the location and recommended downloading it carefully.
- Open the file.
- Just follow or consider the instructions on the screen.
- Mark on the Terms and Conditions.
- Once the complete installation of the QB is performed, open the tool by just double-click on it.
- Now you can use the tool to terminate this error.
Here are the steps:
- Find the tool.
- Tap on the Program problems.
- Go for “Quick fix my program”.
- Now open the QB Desktop software.
- Access the data file of the company.
- If the error persists then go for QB File Doctor Tool.
- Choose for Auto-configuration of the Antivirus or Firewall settings.
- It will also take time to eliminate this error.
Method 7 to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222: Review the Cipher Strength
You should review the strength of the Cipher, which is related to the problem within Internet Explorer. To do so follow the steps:
- Firstly open Internet Explorer.
- Enter https://www.intuit.com/ on the search bar.
- Press the “Alt” key.
- Click on “File”.
- Select “Properties”.
- You will see the Internet Explorer window.
- Now review the connection, if the encryption or strength is lower than 128 bit.
- This indicated that Internet Explorer is corrupted or damaged.
Get Expert’s Advice
This error is related to the QB payroll update. QuickBooks Error 15222 can abrupt the downloading process of QB updates, mainly payroll update. This error does not want any additional IT skills to be conquered. If you face any issue or want any technical assistance then call us immediately, without hesitation. There is a dedicated team is appointed for serving you. You have to call us at 24 hrs available toll-free number and describe your problem.