2 Min. Read
Solved: QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 | QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 Retrieval Step By Step
Table of contents
What is QuickBooks Error 6190 816?
QuickBooks Error 6190 816 appears while opening the company files. It may be caused when another user tries to login into the file in “single-user” mode. It may appear when the company file and the transaction log file are mismatched.
How to solve QuickBooks Error 6190 816?
To solve this error try to rename the file. After doing this step check whether the error is resolved or not.
Detail About QuickBooks Error 6190 816
QuickBooks Error 6190 816 occurs when the user tries to open a company file but the host computer is not able to render/access the file. As a result, the user is unable to open the company’s file. So in this post, we will read all information about this error i.e. its reasons and solutions. Also, the error description and message window look like this:
Reasons for its occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6190 816
Some major reasons for their descriptions are mentioned below:
- The transaction log file is not matched with the company file:
It is the file that records are transaction activities performed by the companies. The log file is automatically saved. It is saved as (file name of the company).qbw.tlg file. It occurs when the “.TLG” file does not match with the “.QBW” file.
- Update Failure
It is one of the common and major reasons for the pop-ups of the error message window. It happens when a file of a company is updated, letting the transaction file un-updated.
- Single User Mode
Each mode of QuickBooks has awn facilities. When another person tries to open the company file while a user is accessing that file, then this error occurs.
- Data Corruption
The database/data of QB files or company files is damaged. That’s why this error occurs.
Solutions for curing QB error 6190
There are many solutions for eliminating this error, some are mentioned below:
- Method 1:- Update QuickBooks
- Method 2:- Rename the file
- Method 3:- Single-Mode User Check
- Method 4:- Update Windows
Method 1 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6190, 816:- Update QuickBooks
If this message window appears on the workstation’s screen then update your accounting software to a newer or updated version. The steps are listed below:
- Make sure to shut down all the opened files of the company and then close QB.
- Now try to run QB as administrator by right-clicking on the icon of the QB.
- Now visit the “No Company Open” option, then choose the “Help” menu and select “Update QuickBooks”.
- The next step is to visit the “Options” tab, then choose “Mark All”. Now hit “Save”.
- Now choose the “Update Now” tab, and consider the “Reset Update” box.
- At last go for the “Get Updates” section.
- After a complete update, close QB.
- Now open QB and hit the “Yes” option when the update message appears.
- Now it’s time to restart your workstation and QB.
Method 2 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6190, 816:- Rename the file
It is recommended to create a backup file so that you can prevent data loss. The seminal steps are listed below:
- Open the respected folder where the file of the company is stored.
- It is necessary to note that the company file and the transaction log have a similar name but their file’s extensions are different. It appears like
- Company file name: “[company file name].qbw.nd”
- Transaction log file name: “[company file name].qbw.tlg”
- The user is to identify these two files.
- Now rename the file of the company by adding “.old” at the end of the extension. (Ensure that, from the end, you should not delete the extension i.e. “.qbw.nd”.
- Similarly, go for the transaction log file i.e. rename it.
- After changing the name of the file, close the system.
- Now open QB and try to login into the file of the company.
Method 3 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6190, 816:- Single-Mode User Check
It is already mentioned that this error mainly occurs in the “Single-User” mode. Please go for the following mentioned steps:
- Firstly close the QB by logging out from it.
- Now restart your system.
- Now copy the seminal files of the company to another location or the desktop.
- Now paste the copied data to the original location.
- At last, open QB and Sign-in for a company file.
Method 4 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6190, 816:- Update Windows
Old Windows Operating System can cause this error. After completing the update, restart your system and install QB again.
We Hope the above-mentioned details provide you a way to eliminate this error. QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 can be easily terminated by following all the steps carefully.