What is QuickBooks Error 1712?
QuickBooks is a renowned software among new entrepreneurs. It is very prominent for bookkeeping and accounting. While working on it you may face some small errors and QuickBooks Error 1712 is one of the errors. QuickBooks Error 1712 arises when the user tries to install the QB software by using a folder that is damaged or if the OS (Operating System) is not working properly or corrupted. QuickBooks Error 1712 can be terminated by implementing some solutions. This error can easily affect the workstation’s performance. The message reads:
We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation
The message appeared looks like this:
Causes that lead to QuickBooks Error 1712
Let you know the different causes of this QuickBooks 1712 error. Here are some factors mentioned below:
- Pre-installed QB can cause this error.
- Damaged file in the QB software.
- If other software installed in the workstation hinders the process of QB.
- If the registry of the current Operating System is corrupted.
- Serious adware, virus, or malware can be a major cause for this error.
- If a user tries to use a corrupted package for installation.
- Whenever uneven changes are made within the software.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1712
Some of the symptoms are written here:
- The appeared Blue screen can be a sign.
- The software QB freezes for some minutes.
- QB unevenly shuts down.
- HTTP error is a sign of occurrence.
- The laptop or workstation does not have the proper configuration
- The installation method for QB is not correct.
Solution of QuickBooks Error 1712
Before learning the vast solutions, one should do this task first. Here are the steps:
- Restart your workstation.
- Open Task Manager by using the Control panel or by pressing “Ctrl+Alt+Delete”.
- Now close all the tasks related to QB.
So if you closed all the background processes then it turns to apply different solutions for different situations. Some of the checkable methods for this error 1712 are:
- End or Close all the Processes
- Tracking data using the registry
- Use QB Diagnostic tool
- Install QB Desktop again
- Use QB Tool hub
Solution 1 to resolve QuickBooks Error 1712: End or Close all the Processes
Forgoing through this process, one has to apply the mentioned steps:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys.
- Then go for the Processes.
- Now click on End process.
- Restart or reboot your workstation.
Solution 2 to resolve QuickBooks Error 1712: Tracking data using the registry
- Firstly open Registry Editor.
- Look for regedit.exe
- Write path that is mentioned: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUSer Shell folders
- Choose entry AppData.
- Now write the local profile path in place of the original value.
- Finally open QB.
Solution 3 to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1712: Use QB Diagnostic tool
- The user has to open the Tool Hub Program on the workstation.
- Open Installation Issue tab.
- Then go for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Download that tool on the workstation.
- Shut down all the processes running in the background.
- After closing, run the tool.
- Find the option, “I am having problems installing QuickBooks”.
- Hit “OK”.
- Reboot the workstation.
Solution 4 to resolve QuickBooks Error 1712: Install QB Desktop again
- Download the latest released application of the QB from the official website.
- Choose Change.
- Select the Product Edition or Latest Version.
- Hit the download icon and wait for installation.
Method 5 to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1712: Use QB Tool hub
- Firstly download QB Tool Hub.
- Install it.
- Shut down all the processes related to QB.
- Now agree on all the required terms and conditions.
- Whenever the installation of the tool completes, open it.
- Select the program problems.
- Go for Quick fix my program option.
- When the process ends, close QB.
To get rid of this error one should apply the mentioned steps carefully. You can easily eliminate this error but if you face any issue or have doubts then simply call our certified professionals. 24/7 assistance available, just calls us on our QB support number.