2 Min. Read
Solved: QuickBooks Error H303 | QuickBooks Error H303 Retrieval Step By Step
Table of contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error H303?
- 2 What Causes QuickBooks Error H303?
- 3 Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H303
- 4 How to Fix QuickBooks Error H303?
- 4.1 Method 1 to remove QuickBooks H303:– Create a new folder for a new company file
- 4.2 Method 2 to remove QuickBooks H303:– Use the QB (QuickBooks) File Doctor Tool
- 4.3 Method 3 to remove QuickBooks H303:– Correct Firewall Settings
- 4.6 Method 4 to remove QuickBooks H303:- Look at the hosting and services of QuickBooks
- 4.7 Method 5 to remove QuickBooks H303:- Check settings of the QuickBooks
- 4.8 Share this:
- 4.9 Like this:
- 4.10 Related
What is QuickBooks Error H303?
This issue may occur when the user wants to get the data or company files on any other computer. That computer does not have a proper establishment or setup and also requires some more setup installation. It looks like this:
Error code: H303
QuickBooks Error H303 usually means that the workstation needs some additional configuration on which the company file is being stored. So whenever these workstations are unable to access the vital file, this error H303 appears.
What Causes QuickBooks Error H303?
This problem arises when the user is not capable of opening the company file. Few major reasons are mentioned below:
- DNS server: Somehow DNS server settings are not configured correctly.
- IP Address: The error may occur when the server’s or Host’s IP address is not configured or not available to each other.
- Hosting: The configuration of the hosting is miss-configured or not correct.
- Firewall Software: Sometimes firewall blocks the exchange of outgoing and incoming data.
- .ND file: ND means network data file. It may be damaged or corrupted.
- Hosting: Sometimes QB does not acquire the file of the company while hosting through the server.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H303
This H303 is a common error and may disclose itself when you will see these mentioned signs or symptoms:
- The software may freeze or slow down.
- Users will not be able to start multiple-user settings.
- You will be unable to open the company’s file on another computer.
- The error code of H303 will appear on the desktop.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error H303?
There are many convenient or easy ways are mentioned below that helps users to resolve this Error H303. Before Choosing and starting the process, you should do a backup of the QWB file so that when you start the software again you will get the original data. Please consider the following methods:
Method 1 to remove QuickBooks H303:– Create a new folder for a new company file
- Create a new folder on the system. Now have the permission to exchange the files.
- Now copy the original company file.
- In the newly created folder, paste the file in “Multi-User” mode.
- Now open that file in the QB and check for the error.
Method 2 to remove QuickBooks H303:– Use the QB (QuickBooks) File Doctor Tool
Open the “QB File Doctor” tool to have a solution to network-related problems. It will help to remove blockage on multi-user connections. You can also fix the company file with this tool. If you are not able to fix this problem after applying this solution, then move to method 3.
Method 3 to remove QuickBooks H303:– Correct Firewall Settings
A firewall can resist data transfer and it may quarantine some important files. It may block the server computer of QuickBooks. After completion of correct settings in the Firewall, try to open QuickBooks on a workstation that is showing an H303 error. Steps are listed below:
- Consider the Firewall settings; hit the “Windows” option.
- Visit the “Instrumental” panel.
- There, type “Firewall” in the search bar and hit “Enter”.
- Press “Enter”. Then the “Advanced Settings” option.
- Opt “Outbound Rules” and go for “New Rule”.
- Select “Ports” and click “Next”.
- Consider the following ports by clicking TPC:
- Hit “Next” and tap on the “Allow the Connection” option.
- Now in the field, add your name.
- The process is finished; now try to open the QuickBooks.
Note: If this H303 persists, then follow the next method.
Method 4 to remove QuickBooks H303:- Look at the hosting and services of QuickBooks
Verify QuickBooks Services:
- Firstly Press “Windows key + R”, “Run” window will be pop-ups.
- On the “Run” window, type “MSC” and hit “Enter”.
- Now search for “Services.msc” in the search bar.
- Now scroll up and down in search for the “QuickBooksDBXX” in the service window.
- Now “Double Tap” on the QB “DBXX service”. Ensure that the startup kind to be automatic and go for repair if “Standing” is started or already running.
- After completion of the above-mentioned steps click on the “Recovery” tab. (If you see a failure while doing these steps, then restart the “DBXX” services.
- Now go for “QBCFMonitor” services. (Follow previous 1-6 steps).
- Now open QB in the “Multi-User” mode and check whether the error is resolved or not.
- On every system, open QB.
- Now open “Utilities” by selecting the files.
- If the Host accesses the “Multi-User” on the list, then the system is not accessing/hosting the file of the company.
- Don’t change anything when you see that in the workstation, the host accesses the “Multi-User”.
- Whenever the ‘‘Stop Hosting the Multi-user Access’’ option is appeared on the screen then select that option.
- Repeat all the 1-3 steps on every computer.
Method 5 to remove QuickBooks H303:- Check settings of the QuickBooks
If this error is not resolved by using the previous 4 methods, try this 5th one. You have to change some settings in the accounting software QuickBooks. Steps are mentioned here:
- Firstly opt for “Multi-User” mode and open QuickBooks.
- Now follow the path:
Files >>> Utilities >>> Stop Hosting Multi-User Configuration
- Now turn on hosting on any workstation and visit the following path:
Utilities >>>> Host Multi-User Configuration
QuickBooks Error H303 can be easily resolved by using efficient methods. To use these methods, you must keep in mind to back up all necessary and sapient files of the company. At last, “QuickBooks Error H303” can be resolved effectively.