QuickBooks is a very renowned and famous accounting software. This article mainly relates to QuickBooks Error 15215. This error may occur when you are not able to download an update of payroll. It may occur while having conflict or disturbance with other applications that are running in the background. It may be caused whenever the workstation is unable to verify or match the digital signature. It may happen whenever the server is not performing properly.
The message and windows that appeared are:
Message: QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file.
What are the main Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15215?
Here are major symptoms that are reflected whenever this error persists:-
- The application crashes repeatedly.
- The workstation becomes crashes.
- You will see an error appeared on the screen.
- The workstation becomes slow and the commands do not render properly.
- The system freezes frequently.
- The workstation gets infected whenever the user opens a similar program continuously.
Potential Causes of QuickBooks Error 15215?
Some of the potential and major causes for this error:
- Due to improper setup.
- Because of corrupted QB software.
- Due to some virus or malware attack on QB.
- Due to corrupted Windows files.
- Because of corrupted payroll files.
- Due to wrong Internet Explorer settings.
- Whenever the other application deletes vital files of the QB by treating them as malware.
- Whenever the connectivity of the internet is not proper.
- Due to improper MS IE setup.
Solutions for terminating Payroll Error 15215
Now you are considerate about its causes and potential system. Also, there are many methods to cure this error.
Method 1 for eliminating QuickBooks Error 15215: Misc Point Given Below
Some of the methods that are efficient for eliminating this error are:
- Installing updates manually
- Verify TLS 1.0 and Use TLS 1.2
- Use Operating System in Selective Start-up
- Use QB Desktop as Admin
- Start the workstation again
- Install the update of the QB using Human Senses
- Check firewall settings
If you encounter this error when starting the system again can eliminate this issue. Rebooting can also cure printing issues. You can also stop all the background activities and processes of QB to cure this problem.
Method 2 for eliminating QuickBooks Error 15215: Use QB Desktop as Admin
Sometimes QB user does not have required permissions to eliminate this issue. The administrator has permission to run over other applications of the operating system. To do so steps are:
- Initially, close QB and it is ongoing or background processes.
- Right-click on the icon of the QB.
- Select the option “Run as administrator”.
- Hit “Yes” whenever the below message appeared:
“Would you want to let this program make modifications to your own computer”
Method 3 for eliminating QuickBooks Error 15215: Use Operating System in Selective Start-up
- Initially, open QB.
- Go for the “Run“ window.
- In that window, enter the command “msconfig”.
- After that tap icon “OK”.
- Open “System Configuration Utility”.
- On the current Web Page choose option ‘Selective Startup’.
- Deselect or unmark the check box “Load Startup objects”.
- Tap the “OK” icon to save changes.
- Start the workstation again.
- After starting the system, open QB again.
- You will get the latest tax table.
- By considering the option “System Configuration Utility”, follow 1 to 4 steps carefully.
- Select the Normal startup.
- Press the icon “OK”.
- At last, restart the workstation.
Method 4 for eliminating QuickBooks Error 15215: Verify TLS 1.0 and Use TLS 1.2
Now you have to verify the use of USE TLS 1.0 & USE TLS 2.0. To check consider the best method and follow steps carefully:
- Initially close QB program.
- Open the Internet Explorer.
- Tap on the icon “Tools”.
- Select the icon “Internet Option”.
- Choose the tab “Advanced”.
- Choose the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.2, and Use TLS 1.1.
- Now check that TLS 1.0 should be verified.
- Also, check that the Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2 should not be verified.
- Hit icon “OK”. (This will close down the window).
- Close ‘Internet Explorer.
- Subsequently, restart the workstation.
- Open QB again.
- Download the update.
- You should ensure that the system is working in Normal mode. If you want to delete some files then learn the process first.
- Make sure that the Start-up items are not making any problem while downloading the QB Payroll update.
Method 5 for eliminating QuickBooks Error 15215: Installing updates manually
- Initially search for newly released updates.
- Select the product or package.
- Choose option “change”.
- Select the option “QuickBooks product“.
- Go for option “update”.
- Choose the folder where you want to save the respected file.
- Click on the option “save “.
- Locate the downloaded folder.
- Double-tap on the option “Install the update“.
- Now you should start the workstation again.
- Finally, open QB and check for more updates.
Method 6 for eliminating QuickBooks Error 15215: Install the update of the QB using Human Senses
- Initially download the newest or latest version of QB.
- Choose the product.
- Select option “Change”.
- Choose QB Products.
- Now select the option Update.
- Choose the path to save the file.
- Save the necessary changes.
- Locate the downloaded files of the payroll update.
- Select them to install.
- Whenever the installation process completes then restart the workstation.
- Check the installed update by pressing F2.
Method 7 for eliminating QuickBooks Error 15215: Check firewall settings
You can also eliminate this error by checking the settings of the firewall. One can also use the QB File Doctor Tool to eliminate this issue. To review the settings of the firewall, steps are:
- Open the Windows Start.
- Search for Windows Firewall.
- Open it.
- Choose Advanced Settings.
- In the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, click on the option Inbound Rules.
- Choose New Rule.
- You will see the screen of Rule Type.
- Select Port.
- Press Next.
- You will see the screen of Protocol and Ports.
- Select TCP.
- In the field Specific local ports, you can add ports according to the version of the QB.
- The list is mentioned below:
- QB 2020: 8019, XXXXX.
- QB 2019: 8019, XXXXX.
- QB 2018: 8019, 55378-55382, 56728.
- QB 2017: 8019, 55373-55377, 56727.
This article is full of explanation. You can easily eliminate QuickBooks Error 15215 by considering the best method to eliminate it. If you found any difficulty while facing the error then don’t worry, call us immediately. We have professional bookkeeping and accountants that are 24*7 hours available.