QuickBooks Error 80070057 is an error that is a very common one; it appears on the screen when a user tries to open the same file. The system does not allow opening that file and reflects a message that “this file is open in another version of QuickBooks”.
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Before attaining the information of the solutions, you must read about the 80070057 Error. This error may arise when the user does not have prior permission to delete any company file from a respected folder of the software.
Why you experienced this 80070057 Error?
This error showed when the user tries to access the company file from a workstation placed in the host server or web server. This is also termed the QB Multi-user configuration.
Potential causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057:
- Firewall Settings: Firewall or other internet security settings may distort the path of communication between the server and the system.
- .ND or Network Data Files: These “Network Data” files reserve relevant data of the company. This may cause this error when you want to delete or move these respected files on the server or the host.
- If you use some other third-party firewall software.
- Some vital files of the QB are corrupted or damaged.
- The extensions of the company files are replaced or incorrectly written.
- Files are not having correct extensions like .qbb, .qbm, .qbx.
- Used 3rd-party Firewall is not suitable with the present version of the QB.
Some of the symptoms of this QuickBooks 80070057 Error
Some of the indications for this QuickBooks Error 80070057 are:
- The Error code is displayed on the screen with a separate window.
- There is a quick pop-up of the error, just installation of the software.
- Sluggish or lagging in the response of the input devices like keyboard and mouse.
- The running window may crash or show not responding.
- Your computer may feel some rendering and freezes continuously.
- When the user is unable to delete the important files of the company.
- Sometimes your file or files get collapsed.
How to handle this QuickBooks Error 80070057?
One can handle this error by considering the following methods/solutions mentioned below:
Method 1 to remove QuickBooks Error 80070057:- Update QB to a newer or latest version.
To cure this error, one should update the QuickBooks. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the “Help” menu.
- Now choose the “Update QuickBooks” option.
- Now the user needs to launch the “Update Now” tab.
- Now choose the “Reset Update” box when you want to destroy all previous downloads.
- Now the user has to select the “Get Updates” option, hit “Restart Now”.
- After considering all the steps mentioned above, check whether the problem is resolved or not. Method 2: Check the extension of the file
Make sure that the extension of the file is correctly mentioned. Steps to check the company file:
- “Right” click on the file.
- Now find or click on the “Properties” tab.
- Now click on the icon of “QuickBooks”.
- Now review the file’s extension.
- At last, hit “OK”.
Method 2 remove QuickBooks Error 80070057: Secure and clean installation of the QB
Users can perform the clean installation of the QB. The process includes re-installation i.e. uninstall and re-install. This will remove all the snags in the software.
Method 3: Configure the “BitDefender”
This method works, if you are having “BitDefender”. The steps are mentioned below:
- Go to the “BitDefender 10.0” menu.
- Now choose the “Antivirus” program.
- Opt “Custom Level” and consider “Exclude Path from the scan”.
- Now choose the option “New Item” option.
- At last click on the “UNC Path” or “Mapped Drive”, which helps to browse the company file.
Method 4: Scan the company file again
- Hit “Window Key” on the keyboard.
- Now type “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
- To make the “Browse Folder” appear, you have to select “Add a Folder”.
- Now consider the folder where the file of the company is stored and select it.
- Hit “OK”.
- Now scan the database of the company’s file by choosing “Start Scan Button”.
- After completion of the process. Just reopen the file.
Method 5:- Start QB as the “System Admin”
- Find or locate the icon of the QB.
- Right-click on the icon.
- Now click on “Run as Administrator”.
- Somehow, the company file may automatically open. If the file is not opening then select the company file and select “Open”.
- Now check whether the error is resolved or not.
Method 6:- Place company file to a new/default location
Sometimes the company file is stored/saved in a different location, just move it to the default location.
- In starting, close your QB Desktop.
- Then search or locate the destination where the company file is located.
- Right-click on the .QBW (company file).
- Choose “Copy” file.
- Now go to the default location:
- Now paste the company file.
- Now open the QB software and select “Find a company file”
- Then select “Local Drives”, and then locate the file.
- After the completion of the “Scan Process”, select the accurate company file.
- Finally hit “OK”.
Method 7:- Change the Extension of the file
In the initial process, you have to “Create a New Folder”.
- Copy the seminal company files and paste them into the newly created folder.
- Right-click and “Rename” the icon.
- Now alter the extension of the QB file with the “.qbm”.
- After changing the name of the file, restore the portable by accessing the software QuickBooks.
Method 8:- Check the firewall configuration
The wrong firewall settings can hinder the flowless working of QuickBooks. Thus set the configuration of the firewall accurately. Configure the correct settings that allow the user to exchange the data.