2 Min. Read
Solved: QuickBooks Error 6000 Status Code 83 | QuickBooks Error 6000 Status Code 83 Retrieval Step By Step
Table of contents
- 1 Some factors that cause QB Error 6000 83:-
- 2 Symptoms/Signs of QB Error 6000 83:-
- 3 Solutions for terminating Quickbooks Error 6000 83
- 3.1 Solution 1 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Check the name of the backup file
- 3.2 Solution 2 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Make a new portable file
- 3.3 If you are not able to restore a backup file then create a new one. Now create a “.qbb” file again.
- 3.4 Solution 3 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Restore backup file using a local drive
- 3.5 Solution 4 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Switch off Hosting
- 3.6 Solution 5 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Use the QB File Doctor tool
- 3.7 Solution 6 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Configure Linux server
- 4 Consider the following steps if the file is stored on the Linux server:
What is QuickBooks Error 6000, -83?
It happens when the user tries to restore, access, or backup the important company file. It decreases your productivity as it consumes your precious time to resolve.
Lots of ways are there to cure QuickBooks Error 6000 83. All the methods are fully dependent on the user’s behavior. Try to switch off all hosting on all systems and also try to open a file of the company over the network.
QuickBooks Error 6000 83 is the error that occurs when a user wants to restore, access, or backup the file of the company. Now we will discuss its causes, symptoms, and some solutions to eliminate this Error. The message that appears is:
The message window appears like this:
Some factors that cause QB Error 6000 83:-
These mentioned reasons due to which this error occurs are:
- Some of the vital files of the QB are blocked by the Firewall.
- Due to some damaged or corrupted folder or company file.
- The installation of the QB is not complete or not proper.
- Due to blockage of the “QBDataServiceUser”.
- If more than one workstation wants to access the single file of the company.
- Due to limited access by the server on the company file.
- When you are unable to use the file of the company. (She/he does not have required permissions).
- The extension of the file is not proper or not correct.
- Some seminal files that are required by the QB are not available.
Symptoms/Signs of QB Error 6000 83:-
Some of the symptoms that reflect the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6000 83 are mentioned below:
- The error message and window appear on the screen.
- The software may experience some lag and glitches.
- The workstation may get a slow-down.
- The OS may crash.
Solutions for terminating Quickbooks Error 6000 83
Solution 1 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Check the name of the backup file
The user should make sure that there is no special character, spaces or symbols in the name of the backup file. To do so follow the mentioned following steps:-
- Firstly open “File Explorer” from the “Windows Start” menu.
- Now go to the folder where the backup file is located.
- Now “Right” click on the “.qbb” file and select “Rename”.
- If it contains any space, special characters, or symbols, then remove it.
- At last hit “Enter”.
Solution 2 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Make a new portable file
If you are not able to restore a backup file then create a new one. Now create a “.qbb” file again.
Solution 3 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Restore backup file using a local drive
Restoring a backup file from the local hard drive is a convenient process. Just get your files on a local hard drive from a server. If you want to access the file from the server then use a UNC path or mapped path.
Solution 4 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Switch off Hosting
To eliminate this error, you have to turn off hosting on every workstation. Also, Multi-User access of the host should be off. Make sure that your system is the only workstation to host the file of the company. The steps are listed below:
- Firstly open QB.
- Now select a “File” then go for “Utilities” without opening a file.
- Now deselect the “Host Multi-User Access” option or do not make any change, if you saw it on the screen, don’t select it.
- Now select the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” option.
- You have to follow these steps on every workstation.
Solution 5 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Use the QB File Doctor tool
Use the Quickbooks File Doctor tool to solve this Error. Just download it and find your problem.
Solution 6 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Configure Linux server
Consider the following steps if the file is stored on the Linux server:
- Firstly look for “Linux Database Server Manager”.
- Now make some necessary changes in the “Server Manager” and “Initord.conf” files.
- At last, Make QB restart.
Solution 6 to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83: Configure Host file
To eliminate this error, the user has to configure the host file of QuickBooks. So follow the mentioned steps:
- If you want to get the IP address and name of the server, then firstly ping your server.
- Now use one of the workstations, click on Windows “Start” menu.
- Now make the command box open and there type “CMD”.
- Then in the appeared window, type “Ping[Name of your Linux server]”.
- Hit “Enter”.
- Now add the server’s name and IP address.
Now you have to edit the host files of the QuickBooks. Also, ensure that all the workstations are connected to the same Linux server. So check the server name and IP address should be correct.
- Now turn off all the workstations, then visit the “File” menu.
- Then hit “Quit QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Again tap on Windows “Start” menu.
- In the search box type “File Explorer” and click on “File Explorer”.
- Now click on “My Computer” or “This PC”.
- Now consider “C: drive” and go for the “Windows” folder.
- In the “Windows” folder, find the “System32” folder.
- Now find the “Drivers” folder and open the “ETC” folder.
You can also go directly on the path:
- Now open the “hosts” file with a “Notepad”.
- Now add the IP address of the Linux server at the end. Then press the “Tab” key
- Now add the “Server” name.
- At last, save the changes and close all the opened windows.
Now open the QB again.
Eliminating this error does not require any additional IT skills. So follow all the steps of the mentioned solutions carefully and get your problem solved.