QB is a renowned software company that is famous among businessmen, Accountants, and entrepreneurs. This QB has changed the lifestyle of bookkeeping. A small-scale businessman can also use it to make accounting or payroll processing easy. It mainly changes the workflow of an accountant because of its easy and fascinating interface. Apart from its merits, users can also face some glitches or errors. Fixing these errors is also an easy task. You just have to consider the methods and each method has vital steps, just follow the steps carefully. If you want to fix it quickly then take assistance from us.
What is QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error?
Quickbooks Connection Has Been Lost error occurs due to some problem while setting up the network connection. It may occur due to damaged or corrupted files QBWUSER.INI are corrupted or damaged. This damaged file can cause a workstation crash or it will affect the workflow. You will feel some lag. The user is also not able to work comfortably whenever this error occurs. It can block access to the file of the company for the user. User entered data can be lost while entering the data. The message that appeared is:
Some Potential Causes of QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error
Lots of problems can cause this error. Some potential causes are:
- Because of damaged or corrupted QB software.
- Because of deleted or missing files like QBWUSER.INI.
- Due to some hindrance or damage created by the security applications or Firewall.
- Due to activated Hibernate mode while saving a file.
- If QB is not updated.
- Due to corrupted or damaged hard disk.
- Because of some hardware faults.
- Due to major or serious hosting issues.
- When the file of the company or QB software is stored in an improper location.
- Due to the corrupted or missing or damaged company file.
- Because of the improper configuration of the workstation or system.
- If you are using an older version or outdated software that is declared by the company.
- When the Operating System is corrupted or damaged.
Effects or Symptoms of QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error
- The system shuts down or closes without any prior information or unevenly.
- Due to fluctuation in the connection of the internet.
- The workstation becomes unresponsive.
- Overheating of the system leads to great damage.
- The software QB or OS shuts down.
- The programs are aborting simultaneously or regularly.
- The Fatal App Exit can happen.
- Frequent or uneven Shutdown of the workstation.
- The Windows 8 version will be damaged or eliminate this QB software.
How to eliminate QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error?
You are now considerate about the error’s symptoms or causes. It’s time to learn and apply the steps to cure this problem. Some of the considerable methods are:
- Rename “.ND” file
- Have a clean installation of QB
- Locate the “config.msi” named file
- Start the System and Server Again
- Run the “Reboot.bat” file
- Verify and Rebuild the Data Utility
- Review the settings of Firewall
- Use the File Doctor tool
- Test the services of hosting
- Use the QB Diagnostic tool
- Turn-off the services of Security Application or Firewall
- Rename the file “QBWUSER.INI”
Solution 1 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error:- Rename the file “QBWUSER.INI”
To change the name of the file one should consider the following methods mentioned below:
- Find the folder where the file i.e. QBWUSER.INI is saved or located. To find the file easily consider the path:
:\[user name]\AppData\Intuit\quickbooks [year]\
- After locating the file, right-click on the icon of the file.
- Go for option Rename.
- Add “.OLD” at the end of a file’s name.
- Also, change the name of the “.ecml” file.
- Finally, access the file.
Solution 2 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Turn-off the services of Security Application or Firewall
The antivirus installed or firewall problems can create this error. If you detect this issue that antivirus or firewall abrupt the workflow then one should turn off the respected anti-virus. A firewall can also hinder the access of the file of the company or QB software. If the problem persists then have some assistance from our experts, call us immediately!
Solution 3 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Use the QB Diagnostic tool
To start this process, it is recommended to close all ongoing processes of the QB and then consider the following mentioned steps:
- Initially download the tool.
- Install it properly by choosing the best options.
- Access the tool when the installation process finalizes.
- Have a scan process for the error.
- If the tool detects an error then consider the process to terminate this.
- When no error is detected, process OK.
Solution 4 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Test the services of hosting
To check hosting services, follow the steps mentioned here:
- Open the files.
- Go for the Utility option.
- Tap the Stop Hosting.
- Open the file by using the Multi-User mode.
- Finally, go for the option i.e. Open file in multi-user mode.
Solution 5 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Use the File Doctor tool
- Initially download the tool.
- Install it carefully by choosing appropriate Terms and Conditions.
- When the installation completes, open it.
- The Doctor tool will detect the problem automatically, just initiate the scan process.
- If it searches out any problem then select the appropriate or correct option.
- After termination of the error completes.
- Hit OK.
Solution 6 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Review the settings of Firewall
- Initially access the Start Menu of the windows.
- Type Windows Firewall there.
- Open it.
- Choose the option Advanced Settings.
- Select the Inbound Rules.
- Go for the option New Rule.
- Now click on the Port.
- Hit Next.
- Go for the TCP option, select it if not selected.
- Add the specific ports in the field.
- Hit Next.
- Tap on the Allow the connection.
- Select Next.
- Check on all the files shown.
- Hit next.
- Choose to create a Rule.
- Name it.
- Now end all the process.
- Hit Finish.
Solution 7 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Verify and Rebuild the Data Utility
- Open QB.
- Choose the file menu.
- Go for the utility tab.
- Choose the correct option to verify data.
- If the message to Verify Data is not shown on the screen then the user should not run the Re-build the tool.
- When “Your data has lost integrity” is appeared on the screen, then you should repair the corrupted or damaged.
- Hit OK when the Backup Company file option.
- Now set the path/ location to save the file of the backup created.
- Hit OK.
- Review the Data Rebuild process.
- Select the desired option to restore the backup by accessing the File menu.
Solution 8 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Run the “Reboot.bat” file
- Initially, the user has to turn off or disclose all the ongoing or background processes of the QB software.
- Close QB also.
- Locate the file reboot.bat.
- Right-click on the QB icon.
- Select the ‘Open File Location option.
- Locate the file.
- Open it.
- Restart the system.
- Access the QB again.
Solution 9 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Start the System and Server Again
- Make sure another user is not connected to the same network.
- Start the server
- Start QB again.
- Check that the error persists or not.
Solution 10 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Rename.ND file
- Locate the “.ND” file.
- Right-click on the icon of that file.
- Go for Rename option.
- Add “.OLD” at the end of the file name.
- At last, save it.
Solution 11 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Have a clean installation of QB
- Uninstall or remove the QB software.
- Rename the folder that contains the file.
- Select the tool: QB Clean Install.
- Add “.OLD” at the end of the file’s name.
- Choose the required vital information.
- It is recommended to create a backup and later on restores it properly.
Solution 12 to fix QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error: Locate the “config.msi” named file
- Initially open Windows Explorer.
- Select C: Drive by Double-click on it.
- Access the Tool.
- Go for the option “Folder”.
- Tap on the View tab.
- Mark on option Hidden Files and Folders.
- Choose Apply.
- Press OK.
- Choose the option Tools and Choose Folder to open the OS files that are protected.
- Choose the tab View.
- The hidden OS files that are protected, deselect.
- Choose option Apply.
- Hit OK.
- Rename the config.msi by Right-click on its icon.
- At the end of the file’s name add “.OLD”.
- Press Enter.
- Finally, Hide the Files and Folder again.
QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost Error leads to the corruption or deletion of the important file of the software and company. To fix the error one should consider the mentioned steps and follow the steps carefully. If the user is not able to solve the error correction or face any issue again, then contact our customer support team without any delay. Don’t hesitate we are available 24*7 for you.