What is QuickBooks Error 1328?
This QuickBooks Error 1328 appears when the user tries to update, install, or while repairing accounting software QuickBooks. You can also terminate it easily by following all the steps carefully. This may happen due to problems while the configuration process. Now you will read about its causes, symptoms, and solutions. The error window pop-ups and looks like this:
Major Causes of QuickBooks Error 1328?
Some of the major reasons due to which this error occurs, are mentioned below:
- The downloading problem in accounting software QuickBooks.
- Due to damaged program files.
- Issues in Network connectivity.
- The installation files are not properly managed.
- In windows, there are some invalid entries.
- The workstation may be affected by some malicious attack.
- The computer may shut down unnecessarily.
- The license may not verify with the QB software.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1328
- The message window for this error, pop-ups on the screen.
- You are not able to update QB to a newer version.
- QB does not allow the user to repair it.
- You are not able to uninstall QB.
- The software may get stuck or hang.
- The OS may slow down.
- The process may become unresponsive.
Solutions of QuickBooks Error 1328
There are lots of solutions that help a user eliminate QuickBooks Error 1328. Some of them are and their steps are also listed below:
- Windows Update
- Rename Folders & Hidden Files
- Run the “SFC Tool”
- Use the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- Repair QuickBooks
- Perform QB Clean Installation
Method 1 to remove QuickBooks Error 1328: Windows Update
Updating your windows can eliminate this error. The steps are listed below:
- Go to the “Start” button and type in the search box “windows update”.
- Now visit the “Windows Update” icon.
- Then tap “Check for Updates”.
- Now restart your workstation and open QB.
Method 2 to remove QuickBooks Error 1328: Rename Folders & Hidden Files
Some of the files located in the config.msi hidden folder can cause this error. Please change the name of the file and to do so follow the listed steps:
- Go to “C” drive and tap on “Tools”.
- Now in the view section, uncheck the ‘‘Hide Protected Operating System Files’’ option.
- Now add “.old” to all existing extensions i.e Config.msi.old.
- Now make all folders to hide and restart your system.
- Now open QB again.
Method 3 to remove QuickBooks Error 1328: Run the “SFC Tool”
This happens regularly due to not proper shutdown, malware, or corrupted files of the company. You can restore these corrupted files by taking help from the System File Checker tool. To use this tool, steps are listed below:
- Firstly scan your system with an anti-virus.
- Make sure that “Registry Entries” shouldn’t be damaged.
- Try to delete drives and files that are not required.
- Now open QB again.
- Finally, go for “Windows Restore” to get all the change bags if you encounter the same problem.
Method 4 to remove QuickBooks Error 1328: Use QB Install Diagnostic Tool
This tool automatically detects the error. This is one of the easy and fast ways to correct this error. The steps are listed below:
- Install QB Tool Hub by downloading it.
- Now start it and choose “Installation Issues”.
- Now hit on the tool icon and start a “scan” process.
- You should also consider that no pending updates are available for Windows.
- Now start the workstation again and try to launch QB again.
Method 5 to remove QuickBooks Error 1328: Repair QuickBooks
You can eliminate this error by repairing QB. Steps are listed here:
- Firstly open the “Control Panel” and select QB from the list.
- Go for the “Uninstall/Change” option and then select the “Repair”.
- Finally, apply all changes and start QB again.
- If Error 1328 persists, then go for fixing the QB software.
Method 6 to remove QuickBooks Error 1328: Perform QB Clean Installation
This process involves removing all existing files and installation of the QB software again. To perform this method steps are listed below:
- Firstly, install the QB again.
- Then go for “Installation Issues” by opening the QB Tools hub.
- Then go for the “Clean Install” tool and enter all necessary details of the latest QB version.
- Now restart QuickBooks again.
This error can be easily eliminated by considering all the mentioned steps carefully. These mentioned methods don’t require extra IT knowledge