What is QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816?
QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816 comes when the user tries to access the vital file of the company. This respected error is a part of the 6000 error series. It may also happen when the user wants to create a company file. The error message appears when this error occurs:
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file
The window pop-ups look like this:
Other codes may appear which are:
- Error 6183,1005
- Error 6000, 301
- Error 6150, 1006
- Error 6069
Major Causes for QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816
- Due to corrupted or damaged files of the company.
- Because of the inadequate requirements of the workstation.
- Insufficient permissions for QBDataServicesUserXX and Window users.
- Outdated or old versions of the QB.
Major Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816
- The user is not able to create a file for a new company.
- You are unable to open or access the company’s file.
- The workstation crashes or the speed of all the processes slow down.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816?
Eliminating this error is an easy task, one should follow all the mentioned steps carefully. Some of the methods are:
- Use QB File Doctor Tool
- Use QB Refresher Tool
- Use QB Tools Hub
- Use QB Database Server Manager
- Transfer files to local Hard Drive
- Resolve it manually
Method 1 To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816: Use QB File Doctor Tool
To ease the process of vanishing this error, one should use the doctor’s tool. It is a cool method to cure this error if we consider manual methods. Just download it, install it and add your grievances in the tool. It will easily detect your problem automatically, diagnose the problem and finally resolve the issues with the file of the company.
Method 2 To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816: Use QB Refresher Tool
- Firstly download it on the system where this error arises.
- Install it by clicking on its icon.
- Save the file in such a place it is easily accessible.
- Then close all the processes that are executing in the background.
- Finish all the work on the QB and close it.
- Double click on the QBRefresher.exe file.
- Now users have to follow the steps mentioned on the screen.
- Make the QBRefresher tool start for 30 seconds.
- At last open QB.
Method 3 To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816: Use QB Tools Hub
- Initially, you have to close QB.
- Then download QB and save all the files on your workstation.
- After downloading the file run QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Accept all the required terms and conditions shown on the screen.
- After installation run QB by clicking on the icon.
- Chose Program Problems.
- Click on the Quick Fix my Program tab.
Method 4 To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816: Use QB Database Server Manager
- Install QB on the server to initiate this method.
- Open QB Tool Hub after downloading it.
- Select the Network Issues.
- Now go for QB Database Server Manager.
- Tap on the Start Scan option. (This will automatically repair or fulfill all the required permissions of the QB).
- Finally, close the window when the scan process is completed.
Method 5 To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816: Transfer files to local Hard Drive
Whenever the error arises then shift all the files to a local Hard Drive. You have to store QB files on the server’s hard drive. The online hosting of the file looks easy and convenient but it creates certain problems and issues. One should not store vital files of the company in external or removable drives as whenever these external storing devices or network storage devices are not attached, you are not able to access company files. One should also stop encrypting QB files or the hard drive to save them. This may lead to the blockage in the network connection while using multi-user mode.
Method 6 To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189 Status Code 816: Resolve it manually
- Find out the “.tlg” file.
- Change the name of this transaction log file.
- Make sure that the QBDataServiceUserXX has the required permissions.
- Ensure that encryption does not apply to the QB files.
- Now make a replica of files of the QB.
- Paste that file on the desktop.
- Finally open QB.
QuickBooks Error 6189 816 came into view when an error window appears or the user is not able to create or open or access the vital files of the company. Eliminating this error does not require additional skills. One has to follow the steps actively. For any query call for technical assistance.