Table of contents
- 1 Introduction to QuickBooks Error 6000, -80
- 2 Detail About QuickBooks Error 6000, -80
Introduction to QuickBooks Error 6000, -80
What is QuickBooks Error 6000, -80?
QuickBooks Error 6000, -80 faced by the user while opening the “QuickBooks Company File” or not able to access the file.
These are the following reasons by which this error occurs mentioned below:
- Damaged/Corrupted company’s file.
- Getting data back by the network and performed locally.
- The workstation may not be able to communicate with the company’s file located on the server or host system.
- If hosting is nimble on multiple computers on the network.
- The size of the file is large corresponding to.TLG.
How do you fix QuickBooks Error 6000, -80?
Solving this QB error by several ways mentioned below:
- For users using the single-use mode:
- Use QB “Data File Diagnostic” tool to detect damaged data in “QB data file”.
- Copy the file to the local drive.
- For users using the multi-user mode:
- Use QB “Data File Diagnostic” Tool to detect data damages in “QuickBooks data file”.
- Use the QB “Connection Diagnostic Tool”.
- Now copy that file to a “local drive”.
Detail About QuickBooks Error 6000, -80
As an accounting software the Quickbooks software provides lots of features to the user that too at very pocket-friendly prices, the Quickbooks software can be used by all types of business sizes that is small medium, or large. As the Quickbooks software helps the user in creating various reports and it also helps them in managing the taxes along with expenses. For managing the taxes user needs to give the access of the Quickbooks to the tax preparer and they can print the required information. And for managing the taxes user can connect their bank account and their credit card with Quickbooks. The reports which can be created with the help of Quickbooks are cash flow statement, profit, and loss statement, and balance sheet, these reports are vital for analyzing the growth of the business and how much profit the business is making during different tenure. Users can also keep an eye on their cash transactions with the help of Quickbooks software.
The features of Quickbooks help the user in more than many ways they can do various kinds of things on the software and they can analyze all the aspects of the business. But for the user problem rises when the user faces the Quickbooks issues, the issue can appear in front of the user at the time of installing the software or when the user is doing their work on the software. When the error appears comes in front of the user, they want an urgent solution to the error so that they can carry on their work. In some of the cases, user tries to solve the error on their own, but before user try to solve at first, they need to know what kind of Quickbooks error has appeared in front of them so that they can take the necessary action to get rid of the error. It is very important for the user to know how big the error is if the error is big then the user needs to contact the helpdesk of Quickbooks software as they will provide an expert to the user which will help them in getting rid of the error. User should not try to solve those error which they cannot solve as they can escalate the error to a bigger extent.
To help the user we are listing out the steps of one such Quickbooks error which can appear in front of the user. The error code of this error is 6000 status code 80 this error appears in front of the user when they try to open, restore or create a backup of company file and they fail to do so. In order to solve the error using the first user needs to know the causes and the symptoms of the error so that it becomes easy for them to solve the error on their own.
Reason Behind Quickbooks Error 6000 status code 80
- When the installation of the Quickbooks software is not done correctly user can face the issue.
- If the Quickbooks company file is damaged then it can create an issue for the user.
- If the data file is stored or it is converted on to network instead of local storage.
- User serves lacks the authorization required to access the financial record.
- There is a communication gap between the Quickbooks software and the file saved on the host or server computer.
- When the size of the file which user wants to access is large in size than the Error 6000 status code 80 can appear in front of the user.
Symptoms of the Quickbooks Error 6000 status code 80
- The first symptoms of this error are user can see the error message on their screen.
- Users will not be able to check their financial records.
- There will be technical distress when the user tries to access their data file.
- There is a risk of data loss at the time of solving the error.
Steps to solve the Quickbooks Error 6000 status code 80
- Quickbooks Data file Diagnostic tool-
- The user at first needs to download the Quickbooks Data file diagnostic tool and the user needs to download the tool in the administrative mode.
- If the tool scans the error in the Quickbooks then the user needs to recover the data by using the Auto data recovery. Or users can restore data before they faced the Error 6000 status code 80.
- Copy file to Local Driver-
- In this first step, the user needs to search and copy the backup file which was created before the user faced the Quickbooks Error 6000 status 80. The extension of this file is. QB.
- Now user needs to restore the backup into the local drive in a folder.
- Now user needs to open the company file in order to verify it.
- The user needs to copy the original file back to its original location and overwrite the existing copy.
- Now user needs to open the company file in order to check whether they are still facing the error or not.
- Solve the Quickbooks Error 6000 status code 80 manually- If the user tried all of the methods and the tool in order to get rid of the error but still the issue is there then in that case, they need to try to solve the error on their own. The steps are as follows.
- A user at first needs to make sure that they have the proper authority to access the company file.
- In the next step, the user needs to scan the company file in order to fix any of the damages.
- Open the company file in order to check the location of the file is damaged or not.
- Users can opt for opening another file in order to make sure that the error is in the company file.
- Verify the hosting on the computers.
- Users can opt for any kind of discrepancies between the Quickbooks software and firewall in order to get rid of the Error 6000 status code 80.