2 Min. Read
Solved: QuickBooks Error 6189 | QuickBooks Error 6189 Retrieval Step By Step
Table of contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 6189?
- 2 How to solve QuickBooks Error 6189?
- 3 QuickBooks Error 6189
- 4 Some of the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 6189
- 5 Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6189
- 6 Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 6189
- 6.1 Solution 1 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189 – Use QB Tools Hub.
- 6.2 Solution 2 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189 – Restart your Workstation.
- 6.3 Solution 3 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189 – Update QuickBooks.
- 6.4 Solution 4 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189– Try to Run QB Database Server Manager.
- 6.5 Solution 5 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189– Change the name of the “.ND” and “.TLG” files.
- 6.6 Solution 6 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189– Check the folder for saving the company’s file.
- 6.7 Solution 7 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189– Verify the Permissions of “QBDataServiceUser”.
- 6.8 Solution 8 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189– Try to Repair QBs Company File.
- 7 Conclusion
What is QuickBooks Error 6189?
QuickBooks Error 6189: It happens when a user tries to access a file by using a “Network Device” in “multi-user” mode. You must ensure that storage instructions should be placed for the QuickBooks “multi-user” mode.
How to solve QuickBooks Error 6189?
If you wanted to solve this problem, use the following methods:
- You should restart the system and try to open QuickBooks again.
- Update your older version of QuickBooks desktop to the latest one.
- Try to store files in the local folders that are connected to cloud storage or file-sharing services.
- Provide all related permission and access to QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 6189
In this post, you will read all necessary details of the QB error 6189, its symptoms, causes, and solutions. This is also called the “Run-time” error. You will get this error while opening the (.QBW) file in “Multi-user” mode. The error window that appears on the screen looks like this:
Some of the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 6189
The reasons are mentioned below:
- When a file is opened by another service or user and you want to access it.
- The installation of the QB is not complete or the download link of the software is corrupted.
- If the entries entered are not correct in the Windows registry. These entries may cause this error.
- Some virus or malware attack on the Windows framework may cause this error, which results in the corruption of the QB program.
- Changing the program in the QB can make the Windows registry to corrupt easily.
- The differences in the Organizational Document (.QBW) and Exchange log record (.TLG).
- When another user is using a particular file in “Single User Mode”.
- The pirated or old copy of the Windows can cause this error.
- If you remove vital drivers of the system then it may cause this error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6189
- You are not able to access the QB company file.
- The software does not respond continuously or properly.
- The message window pop-ups on the screen.
- Your system may get stuck or face some glitches.
- The workstation corrupts, hangs up, or reboot automatically.
- The Windows OS may get corrupted.
Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 6189
Try each solution one by one and check for the error after completion of all the steps of a single method. So just read and apply the steps carefully.
- Use QB Tools Hub.
- Restart your Workstation.
- Update QuickBooks.
- Try to Run QB Database Server Manager.
- Change the name of the “.ND” and “.TLG” files.
- Check the folder for saving the Company’s file.
- Try to Repair QBs Company File.
- Verify the Permissions of “QBDataServiceUser”.
Solution 1 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189 – Use QB Tools Hub.
This tool will terminate your all problems. Steps are:
- Firstly download the “QuickBooks Tools Hub” and also install it.
- Download the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file.
- Then save the location to where you want to store the files of the respected tool.
- Now open the folder where it is saved.
- Now go for the saved file and on its icon “Double-click” to start the process of installation.
- Now follow all mandatory steps and then open the tool.
- After completion of the installation run “Fix my Program” using the “Tools Hub”.
- Firstly open the tool program and choose “Program Problems”.
- Now click on “Quick Fix my Program”.
- After completion of the steps start QB again and open the “.QBW” file.
Solution 2 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189 – Restart your Workstation.
Not every time complicated steps help you. By just restarting the server and workstation can terminate this Error 6189. The steps are listed below:
- Firstly restart the server computer on which the QB is installed or the server on which hosting is done.
- Now it’s time to restart all the workstations.
- At last open QB accounting software again on every workstation.
Solution 3 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189 – Update QuickBooks.
If you are having an older version, then you may encounter this error. Just update it to a newer version. It is also recommended to install new updates quickly whenever a new version releases.
Solution 4 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189– Try to Run QB Database Server Manager.
Due to some instability while operating the software in the “Multi-User” network. To run ‘‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’’ follow the mentioned steps:
- Firstly open the “QuickBooks Tools Hub”.
- Now select “Network Issues” then click on “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
- In the window click on “Start Scan once” for the file.
- Then hit “Start Scan”.
Note: It requires some necessary time the manager will repair it automatically.
- Finally after completion hit “Close”.
- Now open all the workstations and servers.
Open the QB Desktop on the server computer and workstations.
Solution 5 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189– Change the name of the “.ND” and “.TLG” files.
The “.ND” files and “.TLG” files referred to “Network Data File” and “Transaction Log File”. To eliminate Error 6189 rename it by adding “.old” at the end of the extensions of both files. Just follow the mentioned steps:
Step 1: Where the file of the company is located, open that folder.
Step 2: Now find the files which seem to be:
Step 3: Now rename these files.
Step 4: At last, open QB.
Solution 6 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189– Check the folder for saving the company’s file.
You should make sure that your file is not stored on an external hard disk or a removable pen drive. Also, you will see this error message if you are using the online backup files. To prevent this situation, shift your company file to a local hard drive.
Solution 7 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189– Verify the Permissions of “QBDataServiceUser”.
To cure this error you have to check the necessary permissions of “QBDataServiceUser”. Now open the folder where the file of the company is saved. Then check for permissions.
Solution 8 to remove QuickBooks Error 6189– Try to Repair QBs Company File.
Firstly login into the software by adding the required credentials. If you find a damaged company file then repair it. This will solve your main query.
Solving QuickBooks Error 6189 error is very easy and convenient. You just have to read all the necessary information or steps and go for the solution. These mentioned methods do not require any additional IT skills. Also, it is a good practice to update QB regularly and have a backup before applying any solution.